As you use Upwire to power your business messaging needs, you may hear us refer to the "Canvas". So what exactly is the Canvas, and what is its purpose?
Your Voice Content Builder
The Canvas is Upwire's drag and drop environment. It is a visual representation of your voice call content and IVR branching logic and contains all the modules you need to create inbound and outbound calls, gather data, accept payments etc. The Canvas can be accessed by clicking on the blue phone icon in the center of the Sandpit screen and selecting "Open Builder".
When you set up your Voice flow, you will be given the choice to upload data for an outbound flow, or select an inbound flow. The Canvas for an inbound call and an outbound call are essentially the same.
Click here for more information on the voice modules.
The green module at the start of your flow contains all of the master settings for your template. You can access the settings by clicking on the cog icon to the right of the green module.
The settings menu allows you to:
- set answering machine detection
- assign a number to your flow
- buy a new number
- switch text-to-speech voices (for multilingual TTS see Multilingual Text-to-Speech)
- set your maximum call duration
- set whole call recording
- set the maximum number of error retries and no response retries (note each module also has its own settings for error and no response handlers)